Want an easy-to-use GPS smartwatch that encourages running and healthy lifestyles? Omega Sports is excited to offer the Forerunner 55 from Garmin. See yourself as a runner. This easy-to-use GPS smartwatch is designed for people of all skill levels to track their stats and chase their fitness goals.
Here’s what you are going to love about the Forerunner 55
- Fitness Tracking - While you’re out and about, Forerunner 55 tracks steps, intensity minutes, and more.
- Stress Tracking - Find out if you’re having a calm, balanced or stressful day. Relax reminders will even prompt you to do a short breathing activity.
- Body Battery Energy Monitoring - Track your body’s energy levels so you can find the best times for activity and rest.
- Intensity Minutes - See when during the day you earned intensity minutes from moderate and vigorous physical activity.
- Fitness Age - This feature uses chronological age, resting heart rate, and other factors to estimate if your body is younger or older than you are. Age is just a number, after all.
- Respiration Tracking - See how you’re breathing throughout the day, during sleep, and during breathwork activities.
- Women's Health Tracking - Use the Garmin Connect app to track your menstrual cycle or pregnancy. Log symptoms, get exercise and nutrition education, and more.
- Built-in GPS - Track where you run, and get accurate stats, including distance, pace, and intervals
- Wrist-Based Heart Rate - Get heart rate data along with alerts if your heart rate stays high while you’re at rest. Even gauge how hard your heart is working during activities.
- Smart Notifications - Receive emails, texts, and alerts right on your smartwatch when paired with your compatible smartphone.
- Safety and Tracking Features - If you feel unsafe or if your watch senses that an incident occurred, assistance and incident detection features can send a message with your location to emergency contacts.
- Syncs with Garmin Connect - Upload your activities to the Garmin Connect app to interact with a thriving online community where people on the go can connect and compete — and even share their triumphs via social media.
- Music Controls - Easily control the music playing on your paired smartphone, so you can skip songs without missing a beat.
- Garmin Coach - These adaptive training plans feature guidance from expert coaches and free training plans that adapt to you and your goals. Workouts sync right to your watch from the Garmin Connect app.
- Daily Suggest Workouts - For personalized training guidance, get daily run recommendations of varying intensities based on your training history, fitness level, and recovery time.
- Pacepro Technology - To help you plan your race day strategy, this feature offers GPS-based pace guidance for a selected course or distance in the Garmin Connect app. So you can tailor your efforts to what’s ahead.
- Finish Time - Want some guidance to help you meet your goal? Select a distance for your run, and you’ll be able to see a data screen that shows your estimated finish time.
- Track Run - When you’re ready to hit the track for some speed work, use the built-in track run activity to record accurate lap distances and see your distances in meters.
- Cadence Alerts - Want to improve your running form? Use the cadence alerts to know when you’ve gone outside your target cadence range.
- Recovery Advisor - Giving your body time to recover between training sessions is crucial. After each workout, the built-in recovery time feature will let you know how long to rest before another big effort.
- Race Predictor - This specialized tool takes into account your fitness level and training history to help you work toward your race goal and see the impact of training on your predicted finish time.
- Built-in Sports Apps - Switch up your workout routine with activity profiles for track or virtual running, pool swimming, Pilates, HIIT, and even breathwork.
- Battery Life - Run to your heart’s content with up to 2 weeks of battery life in smartwatch mode and up to 20 hours in GPS mode.
What you need to know
- Lens Material: Chemically strengthened glass
- Quick Release Bands: Yes
- Strap Material: Silicone
- Physical Size: 42 x 42 x 11.6 mm. Fits wrists with a circumference of 126-203 mm
- Color Display: Yes
- Display Size: 1.04" (26.3 mm) diameter
- Display Resolution: 208 x 208 pixels
- GPS: Yes
- Weight: 37.0 g
- Display Type: sunlight-visible, transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP)
- Battery Life: Smartwatch mode: Up to 2 weeks. GPS mode: Up to 20 hours.
- Water Rating: 5 ATM
Want to know more about the Garmin Forerunner 55?
Omega Sports is here to help active customers get the correct gear. Ask our ACTIVE-PLAY Experts for more information about the Forerunner 55 or any of our Garmin products. Stop by any of our neighborhood sports stores for help.
Want more? Check out our podcasts!